Learn to Dive
7 days | £620 | 2012
International Academy are offer a range of diving courses with Pro Dive Cairns at the Great Barrier Reef of Australia, a natural wonder of the world and a declared World Heritage Site.
One of the "must do" things in Queensland is to dive the Great Barrier Reef which spans 2300 km along the north-eastern coast of Australia.
The Great Barrier Reef is made up of approximately 2900 individual reefs and 71 coral cays and its ecosystem supports the greatest concentration of life on the planet. This includes approximately 400 different species of hard and soft corals and 1500 species of fish.
Our dive programmes take place at some of the best known and exclusive reefs and dive sites off Cairns including Flynn, Milln, Thetford and Pellowe, chosen for their abundance and variety of marine life.
what makes this programme so special?
Our dive programmes suit people of all abilities from beginners wanting to learn how to dive in a magical environment to recreational divers doing professional dive instructor courses that lead to PADI Divemaster and Instructor qualifications.
If you want to learn how to dive and explore the spectacular beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, then this is your perfect opportunity. Our PADI Open Water programme is unmatched for experience and value. It comprises 2 days of theory, diving lessons and pool training, then 3 days and 2 nights on the Outer Barrier Reef on a premium liveaboard dive boat. You’ll get 9 dives included in the package as well as plenty of time to snorkel and relax.
Dependent on the weather, you will never dive the same site more than twice. This gives you a great opportunity to see and experience a wide range of locations, reefs and an abundance of marine life that the Great Barrier Reef comprises.
- 5 nights hostel accommodation in Cairns (dorm-style)
- 2 nights cabin accommodation on a live abord dive boat (twin share cabins)
- Meals and linen whilst on board the live aboard boat trip
- 9 dives (4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives - including 1 night dive)
- PADI Gold Open Water Certification
- PADI Open Water manual
- All dive and snorkelling equipment
- Dive Insurance
- Dive log book
- 2 passport photos (required for certification)
- Accommodation transfers (city and northern beaches)
- 24 hour support number and contact for emergencies
what not included:
- All Flights
- Australian Dive Medical: (can be arranged on arrival – AU$55.00 payable direct to Doctor)
- Meals when not on the live aboard boat
- Alcoholic beverages
- All items of a personal nature
- Additional fee to Pro Dive Cairns: AU$60.00 (this fee includes a $16.50 Government Environment Management Charge as well as Port
- Departure tax and Administration costs)
- Fuel levy charge (variable but approx AU$10)